Frequently asked questions
- Are pets permitted?
Pets are gladly welcomed at Crockatinney Cottages. Dog guests are subject to a small additional £10 per week cleaning fee. We kindly ask that pets are kept off furniture and not left unattended in the cottage. There are beautiful walks at Crockatinney; dogs should be kept on a leash as we have neighbouring farmers.
- Is heating/electricity/wifi included in the price?
Heating, electricity and wifi are included in the rental price. We also include fuel for a traditional turf fire.
- What else is included in the rental price?
Bed linen, towels, kitchen clothes, toilet rolls and hand soaps are included in the rental price.
- What appliances are in the cottages? Should I bring a hair dryer?
We provide travel hairdryers in the cottages; electrical appliances include: washing machine, dishwasher, cooker, microwave, George Foreman grill. Crockery and cutting utensils are provided. If there is anything you need of this nature not provided, please let us know and we will provide.
- Is there a TV and DVD player?
There is a TV and DVD player in the living room. There is a TV in the master bedroom.
- Is there parking?
There is ample parking space in front and to the side of the cottages.
- How far is the nearest town and shops?
Ballycastle is the nearest shopping town, approximately 1.5 miles from us. Ballintoy is 1.5 miles away (and home to a couple of great pubs!)
- When can we arrive at the cottages?
Check-in is typically from 3:30pm on day of arrival; you should send a text when you’re in the area to inform us of your arrival time +44 7938876837. Check out is 11am on day of departure.
- We might be arriving very late. How do we get our keys?
Roisin will always endeavour to meet you at any time, however you should text her to let her know when you in the area so that she can greet you. If this is not possible, your key will be left in a safe place.
- Where are the nearest shops, what are the opening times?
Your nearest shopping town is Ballycastle. Grocery stores are open 7am -11pm daily.
- Do you have a child’s cot and a highchair?
We can provide a travel cot and highchair.
- Is there an enclosed garden?
The garden area is not enclosed; there are lots of open spaces and walks to roam. There is a children’s play-set and swing.
- We have a person with limited mobility travelling with us. Can you accommodate them?
Crockatinney Cottages have stone floors throughout, so wheelchairs can pass with ease throughout. The wet-room ensuite adjoining the master bedroom is wheelchair accessible. Adaptive furniture for the bathroom can be provided upon request.
- We are a large group, what is the maximum number of people you can accommodate?
Crockatinney Cottages have a maximum sleeping capacity of 5 adults. We can accommodate a 6th person on a folding bed or sofa bed for an additional fee.
- Do you do longer-term lets, for six months or a year?
It is possible to rent a cottage at Crockatinney for a longer stay from September through to March. They are not available to rent long-term.